I will start off this post by stating that I am not an attorney and what I write here doesn’t constitute as legal advice.
However, to answer the question, is dropshipping from AliExpress legal? The short answer is yes and as of now, I have not read or heard otherwise. There is no reason that I can think of why it wouldn’t be.
That being said, I’ll explain briefly what dropshipping is and why AliExpress is a great source for finding and selling dropshipping products.
How Dropshipping Works
If you are already familiar with dropshipping, you can skip ahead. Otherwise, here is a brief explanation of how it works.
Dropshipping is the process of selling items from a dropshipping supplier. You place the supplier’s items in your online store.
When a customer orders an item from your store, you pass along payment and shipping details to the supplier.
The supplier then ships the item directly to your customer. You don’t have to physically handle the item, nor do you deal with shipping and handling.
The difference in price between what you’ve charged your customer and what the supplier charged you is your profit.
Dropshipping is not unethical in any way. The big difference is that you do not have to buy inventory up front which saves a ton of money.
You have not worry about tying up your cash in products that may or may not sell. You also don’t have the extra expense of storing products in a storage facility.
Why Use AliExpress as Your Dropshipping Supplier?
There are so many great reasons to use AliExpress as your dropshipping supplier.
First, consider what it takes to find a legitimate dropshipping supplier. If you were to do the research yourself, it would be very time-consuming.
You would have to sort out various suppliers, find out if they have participation or product fees, and you may have trouble finding suppliers selling items in your niche.
You could utilize a dropshipping directory. However, an easier solution is AliExpress.
Here are some reasons why:
- 200,000 exporters
- Over 100 million items
- No entry or participation fees
- No limits on your profit margins
- No limits on the amount of products you sell
- Works with individuals and registered companies
- Free shipping on most items
- Ships to over 200 countries worldwide
- Online shipping tracking
- Wide range of shipping methods
- Buyer protection system with full money back guarantee
Anyone can start dropshipping immediately by using AliExpress as a supplier. All you would need is a reliable dropshipping eCommerce platform and you’re on your way.
Warning: Do Avoid Trademark and Copyright Infringement
One area that can bring legal issues is trademark and copyright infringement. If you are not aware, most of the merchants on AliExpress are based in China.
That means there are a lot of products being sold that may violate trademark and copyright laws.
The best thing you can do to avoid being sued is not to sell products in your store that could violate those laws.
For example, Marvel and DC Comics are quite popular and if you search AliExpress for comic book superhero merchandise, you’ll find tons of them.
If you were to sell these items, chances are you could be sued. There are plenty of items on AliExpress that are safe to sell.
How to Quickly Start Your Own Profitable Dropshipping Business
Now that you have a better understanding about dropshipping with AliExpress, the only thing left to do is to get your own dropshipping store.
You can build your store yourself using dropshipping services. However, there are some things to consider before building one on your own.
Doing it yourself can save money but also take into account how much time it could take. You’d first have to do niche market research to figure out what you want to sell.
You would then have to research products to be sure they are in demand and have a track record of selling well.
After all of your research, you would need to import products, edit product images, and edit product descriptions.
If you already have a busy schedule, it could take weeks and in some cases, months before your store is ready to open and begin making sales.
A faster way to own a profitable dropshipping store is by ordering a custom-made dropshipping store.
Who Should Buy a Custom Dropshipping Store?
Anyone that wants their own dropshipping business benefits from having one built for them. Here are some reasons why:
- You don’t have the time or don’t want to do the work yourself
- You don’t understand technology all that well
- You want your store up quickly
- You’d rather have your store built by professionals
All Custom Store Services Are Not The Same
Keep in mind that not all custom dropshipping store services are the same. I’ve done research on my own of some of the ones available.
I noticed some things that I didn’t like about some of the services. Here are some things to consider before choosing a custom dropship store service:
- Short Turn Around Times – This is a red flag in my opinion. If a service promises to have your store built in 24 to 48 hours, it likely means they are creating “cookie cutter” stores. Meaning, everyone gets the same exact store. No research is done and the store is low-quality.
- Are There Any Ongoing Monthly Fees? – Some custom store services build your store and also require a recurring monthly fee to use their software. Be sure to find out before ordering a store.
- Is it Easy to Add and Remove Products? – Adding and removing products should be as easy as clicking a button. If it involves a lot of processes, look elsewhere. Otherwise, it may irritate you in the long run when you want to manage your store.
- Do You Retain 100% Ownership of Your Store? – Can you download your store and the software? If not, this could make it difficult to move your store to another web hosting provider or sell your store in the future.
Dropshipping remains one of the lowest cost online businesses that you can start that also has huge profit potential.
Using AliExpress as your dropshipping supplier is a great way to start. They offer millions of products at low prices and most have free shipping.
An AliDropship custom dropshipping store provides you with an AliExpress dropshipping business with no ongoing monthly fees and you retain 100% ownership of your store.